Last Updated: November 2, 2009
Commitment to Privacy
What Information Does M.A.D. PARTNERS INC Collect?
Here is a short overview of the two main types of interactions in which M.A.D. may collect information:
Information You Give Us.
We collect the personally identifiable information you provide to us on our Site or on your smartphone during the Mobile Active Defense registration process, including your name, address and email address.
- Create a user account, register a product (information we collect is necessary to complete the transaction and so that we can keep you informed about M.A.D. PARTNERS’ products and services, such as your name, last name, e-mail address, and country).
- Requesting product support or other services (information we collect is necessary to, provide support and to respond to queries such as your name and address and information about your computer/Smartphone hardware, software (including your License Number), and the nature of the problem you are experiencing).
You have the final decision on whether to proceed with any activity that requests personal information. However, if you do not wish to provide information needed for a transaction, you may not be able to complete it.
The information collected and stored automatically by our Site is used to measure the number of visitors to various sections of our Site and to identify system performance or for server issues. We also use this information to help us expand the coverage of our Site and to make our Site more useful. This information is not linked by us to personally identifiable information and we do not disclose this in a form that personally identifies you. How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
The personal information we collect is generally used to process your requests and transactions, to provide you with high quality service, to tell you about opportunities we think will be of interest to you, to customize your experience on our Site and to understand your needs so that we may provide you with the most suitable products and services. For example, we may use your personal information to help us:
- Provide you with information about virus alerts, product upgrades, new products, services, research on future product ideas or improvements;
- Send newsletters, informative e-mails or other information which has the nature of business announcements. M.A.D. PARTNERS INC reserves the right to use customers’ contact information to send them information it deems important for the full utilization of its products and services. Every registered customer may choose not to receive such information from M.A.D. PARTNERS INC by simply replying to any message to that effect and writing the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line (with the exception of messages which are necessary for the functionality of our products and services);
- Create content that is relevant to you;
- Provide you with special offers that may be of interest to you;
- Assist us in creating better, customized products and services to meet your needs;
- Allow you to purchase and download products, obtain access to services or otherwise engage in activities you select;
- Help you quickly find software, services, or product information important to you;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you chose to do so; and
- Notify you about changes to our service.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
M.A.D. PARTNERS INC Technologies does not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties.
M.A.D. PARTNERS INC Technologies may share your information with third parties such as:
- We may share your personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is: a) authorized by law or necessary to comply with a legal process; b) in response to legal claims; c) required to protect and defend the rights, property or legitimate interests of M.A.D. PARTNERS INC (including the enforcement of our agreements); d) necessary to protect personal safety, property or other rights of M.A.D. PARTNERS INC Technologies and its customers or employees; or e) an integral part of a sale of all or part of our business.
M.A.D. PARTNERS INC Technologies is committed to maintaining the security of information under our control. We have taken security measures, consistent with industry practices, to protect your personal information. To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure correct use of information, we have put in place industry-accepted physical, technical and administrative practices to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. To protect the confidentiality of this category of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. If other people have access to your e-mail, they may be able to change information about your user profile. You should not use an e-mail account operated by an employer because many employers have the legal right to access such e-mail accounts. If you share a computer with anyone, always log out before leaving our Site to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Unfortunately, no transmission of information over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to our Site from your PC or Smartphone or the Internet Service Provider, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to ensure its security on our system and to try to prevent unauthorized access.
How Can You Correct Inaccuracies in the Information?
We strive to maintain the accuracy of the information collected through our Site. Furthermore, we believe that the individual is invaluable in ensuring that data is complete and accurate. We will provide you with access to personally identifiable information you provide through our Site for as long as we maintain that information in a readily accessible format. Similarly, we permit and encourage you to correct inaccuracies in the information you submit to us through our Site. If you believe that M.A.D. PARTNERS INC Technologies does not have your current personal information, you can update it by contacting M.A.D. PARTNERS INC Technologies Sales Team at M.A.D. PARTNERS INC Customer Services.
If you have provided personal information to M.A.D. PARTNERS INC Technologies you may ask us to advise you of the scope of information M.A.D. PARTNERS INC Technologies processes about you, the purpose and nature of the processing and the recipients of the information.
M.A.D. PARTNERS INC Update Bulletin and Other E-mail Communications
If you do not wish to continue receiving our e-mail newsletters, bulletins, or other information from M.A.D. PARTNERS INC, you can opt-out at any time by responding to any e-mail you receive from us and writing the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line of the response. Please be aware that our e-mails may include important or useful information about your product, including information about your License Number or the status of your orders or accounts, and that we do not allow our customers to opt-out of communication that is required for the functionality of our products and services.
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children’s use of the Internet. Our Site is not targeted to children younger than 13 years of age. M.A.D. PARTNERS INC does not knowingly collect or store information of children younger than 13. Visitors who are under the age of 13 may use our Site only with the supervision and consent of a parent or guardian.
Discussion Groups and Forums
Please remember that information you submit in a discussion group or forum at our Site will be deemed public information and is not confidential. There is a risk in such communication venues that various information and data can be collected and used by others. Please be careful and responsible when you are on-line.
support [at] mobileactivedefense [dot] com.